SC Autism Society Data Security
In light of the recent security breach at the South Carolina Department of Revenue, I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know about security procedures in place at the South Carolina Autism Society (SCAS).
First, SCAS is a registered 503(c) non-profit, not affiliated with the South Carolina state government.
The following is a summary of our online security.
Credit Card Information
- We maintain NO credit card information for any online donations or orders. All of our credit card processing is handled through authorize.net, an industry leader in online payments since 1996. Additionally, we subscribe to their fraud protection program.
- We maintain NO electronic copies of credit card information for any donations or orders submitted by phone, in writing, or by any other means. There are no databases or spreadsheets at SCAS containing credit card information.
- Because of the above, any time you make a donation to SCAS or place an order, you will have to provide your credit card information. We appreciate your patience with this, so that we can continue to ensure your information remains private.
Social Security Number Information
- We maintain NO electronic copies of social security numbers for any SCAS client, current or former.
- We have NO databases or spreadsheets at SCAS containing social security numbers.
What we DO have
- Name, contact information, and membership history for SCAS members.
- Name and contact information for SCAS donors.
- Name and contact information for SCAS customers (those making purchases).
Note that the information we maintain is stored in password protected and/or encrypted files. At no time do we provide contact information to any third-parties.
Should you have any questions about the security of your information at the South Carolina Autism Society, feel free to contact me. For information and instructions for all South Carolina residents on the SC Department of Revenue situation, visit http://www.sctax.org.
President & CEO