n Access Ministry, McLean Bible Church
n Joni & Friends International Disability Center
n Key Ministry
n The Inclusive Church
n Friendship Ministries
n Religion and Spirituality Division of the American Association of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
n Disabilities and Faith
n Heart of the Caregiver
n Interfaith Disability Connection
n Interfaith Initiative of he American Association of People With Disabilities (AAPD)
n Interfaith Disability Network
n National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY)
n Family Connection of South Carolina
n South Carolina Respite Coalition
n A Place for All: Ministry with Youth with Special Needs
– 2008, John Barone and The Monarch School, Winona, MN: St. Mary's Press
n Including People with Disabilities in Faith Communities: A Guide for Service Providers, Families and Congregations
– Erik Carter, Paul Brookes Publishing, 2007
n Learning Disabilities and the Church: Including All God's Kids in Your Education and Worship
– Cynthia Holder Rich and Martha Ross Mosckaitis, FaithAliveResources
n Let All the Children Come to Me: A practical guide for including children with disabilities in your church ministries
– M. Breeding, .K. Hood, J. Whitwork, Cook Communication Ministries publisher
n Special Needs Special Ministry for Children's Ministry
– Jim Pierson, Louise Tucker Jones, Pat Verbal, 2004, Group publishing, Inc.
n That All May Worship: An Interfaith Handbook to Assist Congregations in Welcoming People with Disabilities
– look under interfaith initiative. American Association of People with Disabilities
n The Child with Autism Learns the Faith
– Kathy Labosh, Future Horizons Autism Site
n Welcome One; Welcome All
– Institute on Pastoral Initiatives, University of Dayton, Institute of Pastoral Initiatives
n The Heart of the Caregiver, an 8-week in-depth study of God’s Word for today’s family caregiver
– Mary Tutterow, online at http://www.theheartofthecaregiver.com
n “We Will Not Be Hidden”, a film by Muslims with ‘Disabilities’.
– Part 1: http://youtu.be/WtyuLbQwqu8
– Part 2: http://youtu.be/R6RsJuqvLnE
– Part 3: http://youtu.be/I66rSyohLkE
n “Praying with Lior” , a film about a young man with Down syndrome as he approaches Bar Mitzvah, the Jewish coming-of-age ceremony.
n “Welcome to Our World, a Message to Pastors”.
n “Top Ten List to Start a Disability Ministry”.
n “A Place for All”, Faith and Community for Persons with Disabilities.
n American Baptist Church
n Assemblies of God
n Church of the Brethren
n Church of the Nazarene
n Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
n Free Methodist Church
n Latter Day Saints
n Orthodox Christian
n Presbyterian Church in America
n Presbyterian Church (USA)
n Reformed Church
n Roman Catholic
n Seventh Day Adventist
n Southern Baptist
n The Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod
n Unitarian Universalist
n United Church of Christ
n United Methodist Church
n Islamic Society of North America
n “Islam and Disability: Perspectives in Theology and Jurisprudence”, Mohammed Ghaly, 2010.
n United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
n Union for Reform Judaism
The South Carolina Autism Society is a 501(c)(3) organization, and a registered charity in the state of South Carolina. Almost 90% of total expenses go to program services. Click here for more information.