What We Do
For more information on these and other programs, please see the links to the left.
- Information and Referral: Providing information to parents and professionals about autism and available services.
- Advocacy: SCAS provides advocacy on all levels from the individual level on up to the system change level.
- Autism and Informed Response: Training for emergency responders (law enforcement, EMS, fire fighters, etc) on autism, using parent volunteers.
- Parent-School Partnership: PSP seeks to assist children with autism in receiving the best education possible by helping to build relationships between the school and the parents.
- Service Coordination: Is an expansion of the society’s existing programs of information and referral and advocacy. SCAS will provide service coordination to individuals with autism spectrum disorders.
- Information and referral services
- Information source for current treatment options and national trends in research
- Regional support groups
- Continued involvement in advocacy with governmental agencies and state and federal lawmakers
- Opportunity to network with people who have common interests and concerns
- Annual informational meeting
- Interagency collaboration