Mission, Vision & Values
The mission of SCAS is to enable every individual with autism spectrum disorders in South Carolina to reach their maximum potential.
SCAS’s vision is that:
- All individuals with autism spectrum disorders are fully integrated in all parts of the community
- SCAS is the leading resource on autism spectrum disorders in South Carolina on education, advocacy, services, and support.
- Individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) have a right to fully participate in all of society;
- Individuals with ASD and their families deserve high quality information on autism;
- Individuals with ASD and their families have the right to information on all treatment options, the ability to evaluate each option, and to make a selection of the treatment option that best fit their needs;
- Children with ASD have the right to a free appropriate public education;
- Individuals with ASD have the right to receive appropriate and quality services;
- Individuals with ASD who are receiving services have the right to receive those services without fear of abuse, neglect and exploitation; and
- Individuals with ASD have the right to make decisions concerning their own lives.